Skip to Main Content
Griswold Hall was dedicated in the fall of 1979 to Erwin Griswold (1904-1994), the sixth dean of HLS (1946-1967) and former United States Solicitor General, on the occasion of his seventy-fifth birthday. Griswold houses the Dean’s Office, thirty-six faculty offices and several administrative offices, in addition to the First Year Legal Research and Writing Program and a classroom on the first floor.
Griswold and its sibling Pound Hall were designed in the late 1960's by Cambridge architect Benjamin Thompson.
Back to Top