How to use Virtual Desktop on a Mac
- Find the Remote Desktop client. Finder -> Applications -> Utilities -> Remote Desktop Connection (If you don’t have the client, it can be downloaded here.)
- Double-click on the Remote Desktop icon.
- Without clicking anywhere else, look at the top of the screen (or wherever you keep your menu bar) to see the menus there. On the RDC menu, go to RDC -> Preferences
- Click the Security tab
- Select “Always connect, even if authentication fails”
- Close the preferences window
- Enter virtualdesktop.law.harvard.edu in the field and click connect.
- Enter your username, password, and HLS as the Domain. If you are on a private machine, check the box to add user info to keychain.
- Click OK, and then your desktop will load.
Last modified: October 03, 2012