Advising and Services
How We Can Help
The Office of Clinical and Pro Bono Programs provides advising and support on a number of topics. Our team of lawyers and educators is eager to meet with you! Just set up an advising appointment using our online system.
We have drop-in hours every Friday from 1-3pm but please feel free to stop by any time. If the staff member you would like to meet with is not available, we can assist you in setting up an appointment.
Advising topics include:
- Academic policy questions
- Clinic and course selection for in-house clinics, externship clinics, and independent clinical projects
- Clinical registration through HELIOS, by application clinics, and continuing clinical applications
- Clinical teaching
- General academic and practice experience advising
- Law firm pro bono
- Pro bono requirement and projects
- Spring break trips
- Student practice organizations
| || || || |
Preparing for an Advising Appointment
To get the most out of your advising appointment, you may want to go through the following checklist beforehand. You can also download the checklist.
- Which clinic are you interested in?
Are you interested in learning particular skills (e.g. litigation, transactional, etc.)?
Is there a specific area of the law you wish to learn about (e.g. human rights, criminal defense, etc.)?
- Is this clinic by application or can you register through HELIOS preferencing?
If by application, when is the deadline to submit applications by?
- Where is the clinic located? (On-campus / Jamaica Plain / Externship)
- Does this clinic have any pre-requisites?
Have you completed them?
- What is/are the required course component(s)?
Are the clinic and course component bundled, reserved, or separate?
How many clinical credits can you enroll in this clinic for?
- How many clinical credits have you taken previously?
- What is the clinical add/drop deadline?
Does the clinic have an early add/drop deadline?
| || || |
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us
. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Last modified: June 18, 2013