The educational mission of HMP is:
- to provide HLS students with comprehensive and ongoing training in the theory and skills needed for effective mediation;
- to provide HLS students opportunities to apply and teach the theory and skills needed for effective mediation;
- to provide opportunities for HLS students to learn and practice mediation with members of the community for the purpose of sharing diverse perspectives and experience;
- to provide a forum in which mediators can exchange experiences and ideas related to mediation;
- to provide a forum for the collection and dissemination of current information related to mediation; and
- to maintain an environment that nurtures academic and personal growth.
The service mission of HMP is:
- to provide a fair and effective process in which disputing members of the community can resolve their own differences;
- to provide effective mediation services to all parties, regardless of their ability to pay;
- to provide effective mediation services to local courts and communities;
- to educate local courts and communities regarding mediation and effective conflict resolution skills;
- to provide opportunities for volunteers from outside HLS to learn and practice mediation;
- to provide a forum for mediators to exchange ideas; and
- to maintain administrative procedures that foster systematic documentation of work and ready access to Program resources.
Last modified: August 15, 2012