- Signing or negotiating a contract of any kind
- Starting a band or a business
- Getting permission to sample
- Licensing music
- Applying for a copyright or trademark
- If a label is not paying you or giving timely accountings
Click <here> for information you need to bring to a meeting with counsel at the Recording Artists' Project.
Important Notices and Disclaimers:
- Until you and we have both signed a written agreement that we represent you regarding a particular matter (an "engagement letter") do not send to us any confidential information.
- Before we will provide legal advice, an engagement letter must be signed by you and by us.
- This web site does not provide legal advice or representation to readers. It presents general information only. Readers seeking personal answers to legal questions should contact the Law Clinics directly.
Last modified: December 15, 2010