Submission Format and Deadline
- With the exception of the prizes listed in #3 below, students must submit (a) one hard copy of the paper and its cover sheet for each prize for which the paper is to be considered, and (b) a separate electronic copy of the same paper and cover sheet for each prize to email@example.com with the student's name and prize title in the subject line of the email.
- Unless otherwise noted in the prize description, papers are due on May 2, 2014 by 5:00 pm in the Office of Academic Affairs (Lewis 208). We will start accepting papers on April 1, 2014.
- Prize submissions for the following prizes are NOT collected by the Office of Academic Affairs: Fisher-Sander, Yong K. Kim, Laylin, and Olin. See the individual prize descriptions for specific submission instructions.
- Submission deadlines will be strictly observed; late papers will not be accepted.
- Only papers written by HLS students during their enrollment at HLS will be considered for the School’s student writing prizes. Joint papers are eligible, but all authors must be current HLS students.
- Papers that have been edited by others in preparation for submission to a journal or previously submitted to a journal may not be submitted for a student writing prize in edited form. Such papers may be considered for prizes only if an original, unedited version of the paper is available.
- Students may submit multiple papers for a single prize and may submit a single paper for multiple prizes. However, each paper is eligible to win only one of the prizes for which it is submitted. This rule applies to winning papers submitted in a prior year.
- The name and paper title of all prize winners will be published on the HLS Websiteby June 6.
- The names of graduating prize winners and prizes won will be listed in the Commencement Program. Non-graduating prize winners’ names will be listed in the Commencement Program in the year they graduate.
- Prize-winning papers may be published online in the School’s DASH student-paper repository at http://dash.harvard.edu/handle/1/2788313.
- If a prize has more than one winner, the prize money will be divided.
Please contact Kristin Flower in the Office of Academic Affairs, with any questions about HLS student writing prizes (firstname.lastname@example.org).