Fall Interview Program (FIP) Private Sector Overview
- The Fall Interview Program (FIP) - Private Sector offers law firms, businesses and other private sector employers the opportunity to interview 2L and 3L students.
- Interviews take place from September 23 - October 11, 2013 on the Harvard Law School campus.
- Employers can register for either EIP or FIP but not both.
- Information about recruitment program fees can be found here.
- If FIP is selected, employers can register for either an Interview Schedule or Resume Collection but not both.
- A schedule consisting of 20-minute interviews will accommodate 20 interviews while a schedule of 30-minute interviews will accommodate 13 interviews.
- Interview dates are assigned by OCS and are released to employers with complete registrations by May 15.
- Students choose the employers they want to interview with through an on-line bidding system and interviews are randomly assigned by lottery. The process is designed to maximize interviewing opportunities for both students and employers.
|Important Dates for FIP 2013|
|April 1 - August 1||Registration|
|May 15||Interview dates released to employers with complete registrations|
|September 9||1st Day of Classes for 2Ls and 3Ls|
|September 16||Interview schedules and student resumes sent to employers|
|September 23 - October 11||FIP Interviews|
|October 8||Resume collections sent to employers|
Harvard Law School Recruitment Policies
- All employers participating in FIP will be expected to comply with Harvard Law School's Recruiting Policies & Guidelines and NALP Timing Guidelines.
- Harvard Law School has a no prescreening policy which means that employers are not permitted to prescreen candidates or ask for transcripts in advance of the interview program.
- NALP Member Employers must complete the Pro Bono section of the NALP Form by June 1.
If you have any questions, please contact Mark Kleinschnittger, Assistant Director for Recruitment & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org 617-495-2922. Logistical questions regarding recruiting at Harvard Law School should be directed to email@example.com.
Last modified: November 25, 2013