Philosophy and Religion
- Poetry and Vision
- Knowledge and Politics
- Passion: An Essay on Personality
- A Letter
- The Self Awakened
- Nature in its Place
- The Universal Grid of Philosophy
- The Religion of the Future
- Tanner Lectures: The Future of Religion and the Religion of the Future
- Science and Politics between Domesticated and Radicalized Pragmatism
Poetry and Vision is a very early and unpublished piece of mine, dating from 1968. It introduces, in the special context that it addresses, themes that would later become important in my work.
- The Complete Text (16 pages)
My first book. A philosophical study of a dominant set of ideas about personality and society, contrasted with a view I offer in substitution. A postscript in subsequent printings of the book summarizes how I later came to judge its argument.
- The Complete Text (350 pages)
- The Complete Text (300 pages)
- The Complete Text (2 Pages)
"The Self Awakened" is the most comprehensive published statement of my present philosophical position. It will be complemented by two forthcoming works - "The Religion of the Future" and "The Singular Universe and the Reality of Time" (with Lee Smolin). These three books form part of the same philosophical program. In what kind of world, and for what kind of thought, is time real, history open, and novelty possible? In what kind of world, and for what kind of thought, does it make sense for a human being to look for trouble rather than to stay out of trouble? "The Self Awakened" generalizes and deepens the impulse of my social-theoretical and programmatic writings. It develops and defends a point of view implicit in our most powerful ideas of political, social, and spiritual revolution.
- The Complete Text (4 Pages)
- The Complete Text (14 Pages)
- A final file of this book will be available in January 2014
- The Complete Text (11 Pages)