Find a Book
Find a Book
Find Books at Harvard | Find Books Beyond Harvard | Find Books in Historical Collections
Find Books at Harvard
- HOLLIS | HOLLIS Classic
- Use the new HOLLIS discovery tool to find books and other materials available at the Harvard University libraries, including the Law School Library. HOLLIS Classic, the older interface to the catalogs of the Harvard University libraries, remains available for your use.
- Legal Treatises by Subject
- Legal treatises are books that provide an authoritative, exhaustive and highly organized explanation, analysis and synthesis of the law.
- LibX, Harvard University Library Edition
- Use the LibX browser toolbar add-on to quickly search the HOLLIS Catalog from within your browser. LibX allows you to select text on a web page and right-click for a menu of search options.
- Recent Additions to the HLS Library Collections
- Use this fantastic service to discover recent additions to the library's collections. Locate materials by jurisdiction, by subject or by date acquired. Keep current by subscribing to e-mail notifications and RSS feeds.
- Guide to Finding Foreign & International Books at HLSL
The Library is reclassifying its primary foreign & international law collections into the Library of Congress call number system, and rearranging the Langdell and ILS stacks. Check this guide to find each country’s current location.
- Guide to Full-Text Books Online
This guide answers frequently asked questions about finding full-text books online at Harvard University.
Find Books Beyond Harvard
- Borrow Direct Search
- Borrow Direct enables current Harvard faculty, staff, and students to borrow materials directly from Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, the University of Pennsylvania, Princeton, and Yale. More information.
- HathiTrust Digital Library
- The HathiTrust Digital Library is a shared repository of works digitized by its research library members. The catalog provides information about more than 5 million books and journals and is growing daily. More than 2.5 million volumes are in the public domain so may be viewed in full text.
- Harvard Google Book Search
- Harvard Google Book Search allows you to search the full text of all books available in Google Book Search with the addition of a Find at Harvard University link displayed next to each item in your search result. If an online version a book has been licensed by Harvard, you will be taken directly to the full text.
- IndexMaster is a compilation of the tables of contents and indexes from over 10,000 legal titles from over 90 legal publishers.
- Library of Congress Catalog
- The Library of Congress serves as the research arm of the United States Congress. It is also the largest library in the world, with nearly 128 million items on approximately 530 miles of bookshelves.
- Use WorldCat to locate the books and other materials from over 12,000 libraries worldwide.
- Find even more books in even more catalogs...
Find Books in Historical Collections
- Early American Imprints, Series I, 1639-1800 | Series II, 1801-1819
- Early American Imprints is a digital collection of books, pamphlets and broadsides issued in America from 1639 to 1819.
- Early English Books Online
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) is a digital collection of virtually every work printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America and works in English printed elsewhere from 1473-1700.
- Early European Books
- Early European Books (EEB), the counterpart to Early English Books Online (EEBO), is a digital collection of continental texts printed before 1701.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO) is a digital collection of books published during the 18th Century in such fields as history and geography, fine arts, social sciences, medicine, science and technology, literature and language and religion and philosophy.
- HeinOnline Legal Classics Library
- The HeinOnline Legal Classics Library is a digital collection of many of the most highly regarded works written on the law.
- Making of Modern Law: Legal Treatises 1800-1926
- The Making of Modern Law: Legal Treatises 1800-1926 is a digital collection of 19th and early-20th century legal treatises compiled largely from Harvard Law School Library Special Collections.
- Making of the Modern World: The Goldsmiths'-Kress Library of Economic Literature
- Making of the Modern World The Goldsmiths'-Kress Library of Economic Literature is a digital collection of economic literature selected from the collections of the Goldsmiths' Library of Economic Literature at the University of London Library and the Kress Library of Business and Economics at the Harvard Business School along with supplementary materials from the Seligman Collection in the Butler Library at Columbia University and from the libraries of Yale University.
- Find even more books in even more historical collections...