ILS Web Sites: Directories
For thousands more e-journals, journal indexes, full-text sources, e-books, statistics, news sources and more, please visit the Harvard E-Research site. This site lists electronic resources which are made available to all of Harvard's libraries. It is searchable by subject, format and keyword. Your Harvard ID and PIN number is required for off-site access. Below is a list of some of our key e-resources available via the Harvard E-Research page and elsewhere on the web.
- ABI/Inform [Harvard only]: Summaries and citations from over 1000 academic management, marketing, and general business journals, with full text available for more than 500 of these publications
- Access UN [Harvard only]: Index of United Nations Documents with full-text of all resolutions and links to full-text documents where available on the web.
- ASILex (from American Society of International Law): An index of the publications of the American Society of International Law
- Columbia International Affairs Online [Harvard only]: Beginning in 1991, this database includes full-text of working papers, articles, policy briefs and other documents dealing with international affairs.
- Dissertations and Theses Full Text [Harvard only]: Index of dissertations, also contains full-text from 1990 onward.
- ECLAS (from the European Union Commission): From the Commission library, this resource indexes articles, books, reports and other publications having to do with the EU.
- Index of Articles on Public International Law (from the Max Plank Institute): A systematized listing of books and articles on public international law.
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals [Harvard only]: Indexes non-English language law reviews, yearbooks, festschrifts and some English language law reviews.
- Index to Theses [Harvard only]: Indexes theses in England and Ireland.
- ISI Emerging Markets [Harvard only]: Current and comprehensive country and company information from more than 500 sources for emerging markets.
- JOLIS Catalog (from the World Bank): This is the catalog of the World Bank and the IMF which indexes items to the journal article level.
- LegalTrac [Harvard only]: Indexes law review articles from English language law reviews. Also available on Westlaw (LRI) and Lexis.
- Peace Palace Library Catalog: Indexes books and articles on international law subjects. Available in Dutch or English.
- PolicyFile [Harvard only]: Online access to public policy research and analysis from think tanks, university research programs, research organizations, and publishers
- Public Affairs Information Service (PAIS) [Harvard only]: Indexes magazines, journals and government documents in public affairs from around the world.
- RAVE (Rechtsprechung und Aufsätze zum Völker- und Europarecht - in English): bibliographic database of recent publications (articles and decisions) in public international law and European law from the Law Faculty of Dusseldorf. Begins in 1995.
- RLG Union Catalog: (HOLLIS--Harvard Only) contains information about more than 45 million books, periodicals, recordings, scores, archival collections, and other kinds of material held in libraries and research institutions.
- WorldCat: (HOLLIS--Harvard Only) Union catalog of records of any type of material cataloged by over 8,000 OCLC member libraries, primarily but not exclusively, from libraries in the United States
- Lib-Web-Cats: (HOLLIS--Harvard only) A resource of over 4,000 libraries worldwide, providing the URL to web-based library catalogs. Searchable by library name, or geographically by city, state, and country.
- Webcats: Library catalogs indexed geographically and by type.
- World Directory of National Parliamentary Libraries (from the German Parliament): mostly information about the libraries, but links to the catalogues where they exist.
- International Federation of Library Associations: National Libraries includes catalogues and information of all member libraries
- Karlsruhe Virtual Catalog: Allows searching of a number of major German, Austrian and French catalogs simultaneously.
- Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public and International Law: Search the catalog of the Max Planck Institute in Heidelberg.
- Libis: Catalogue of a library consotium from the Belgium which includes both government and academic libraries.
- Bibliothèque nationale de France: Access to the French national library's catalog.
- System Universitaire de Documentation: Bibliographic information on all types of
documents held by French academic libraries.
- Bibliotheque Cujas (Law Library of the University of Paris)
- Department of State Country Commercial Guides: Includes appendix with information on in-country and U.S. contacts with phone numbers and addresses.
- Hieros Gamos: An international practice-oriented site; links include dictionaries and bar review information.
- Martindale Hubbell: Provides some information about foreign lawyers