Skip to Main Content
The fifth annual China-U.S. Symposium was held in Shanghai, China in the midst of slowing global economic growth and a worsening of the U.S. financial crisis. Sessions addressed the current turmoil in U.S. and global financial markets and issues regarding investment by sovereign wealth funds and private pools of liquidity. Much of the discussion was animated by the ongoing events in the U.S., on topics including the future course of the crisis, the ability of U.S. authorities to handle the crisis, lessons from the U.S. for China, and the potential role of Chinese financial actors in stabilizing the situation. The turmoil in U.S. financial markets and the potential for greater global contagion was also an issue of great concern to participants.
• Turmoil in the Financial Markets
• Issues in Public Sector and Private Sector Investments: Sovereign Wealth Funds, QDII, Private Equity
• Richard Kramlich, General Partner and Co-Founder, New Enterprise Associates
• Ambassador Alan F. Holmer, Special Envoy for China and the Strategic Economic Dialogue, U.S. Department of the Treasury (via pre-recorded video)
• Bank of America
• China Construction Bank Corporation
• China International Capital Corporation, Ltd. (CICC)
• Shanghai Stock Exchange
• Shanghai International Group
• Ceyuan Ventures
• Bank of Shanghai
• Bingham McCutchen Murase
• CME Group
• China International Fund Management, Co., Ltd.
• China Pacific Insurance Group Co., Ltd.
• China Universal Asset Management
• Davis Polk Wardwell
• Fullgoal Fund Management
• JP Morgan
• Medley Capital LLC
• Morgan Stanley
• New Enterprise Associates, Inc.
• Prudential PLC
• Reed Smith Richards Butler
• Shenyin Wanguo Securities Co., Ltd.
• SPD Bank
• Tudor Investment Corporation
• Unio Holdings
Back to Top