Skip to Main Content
The ninth annual China-U.S. Symposium was held at the COFCO Retreat Center in Beijing. In the face of a slowing global economy, concerns about the sustainability of U.S. economic growth and fiscal deficits, disquiet about the effects of the third round of U.S. quantitative easing, and questions about the pace of rebalancing in China, participants discussed how financial markets could better support the real economy in China and the U.S. Sessions addressed capital market development in China and its impact on the U.S., the balance between innovation and regulation in financial markets, and the role of insurance companies, pension funds, and mutual funds in the development of capital markets.
• Capital Market Development in China and Its Impact on the U.S.
• Financial Regulation and Financial Development
• The Role of Insurance Companies, Pension Funds and Mutual Funds in the Development of Savings, Retirement and Long Term Capital Markets
• Terrence Checki, Executive Vice President and Head of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
• Peter Fung, Global Chairman, Global Practice, KPMG
• Leo Melamed, Chairman Emeritus, CME Group
Back to Top