Skip to Main Content
The fifth annual Europe-U.S. Symposium was held at the BNP Paribas training centre at Louveciennes, France. Discussion focussed on three topics: corporate governance and liability systems in the EU and the U.S.; market regulation and structure in the light of MiFID and Regulation NMS; and derivative markets, alternative products, and financial stability monitoring. The Symposium was held against the backdrop of the continuing EU/U.S. Regulatory Dialogue and recent initiatives in the U.S. and EU to move toward greater convergence of their respective capital markets. The discussion of the specific Symposium topics raised a number of general issues about the U.S./EU dialogue and the ...more...
• Issuance of Securities: Corporate Governance and Liability Regimes in the EU and the U.S.
• Trading of Securities: Market Regulation and Structure
• Derivative Markets, Alternative Products, and Financial Stability Monitoring
• Sir Win Bischoff, Chairman, Citigroup Europe
• C. Boyden Gray, Ambassador of the United States, European Union
• Jörgen Holmquist, Director-General for the Internal Market and Services, European Commission
• Michel Pébereau, Chairman of the Board of Directors, BNP Paribas
Final Plenary Presentation
To request a list of participants, please contact Dan McCardell, Deputy Director, PIFS.
Back to Top