Skip to Main Content
2009 Symposium slideshow
The seventh annual Europe-U.S. Symposium was held at the UniManagement Executive Learning Center in Turin, Italy amidst a deep world recession. The financial crisis had quickly engulfed the entire globe, spreading to the real economy with global growth virtually coming to a halt. The timing of the event was particularly striking: Timothy Geithner, the incoming U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, had just announced his plan to reform American financial regulation, and a few days after the Symposium concluded, the G20 gathered in London on to find an agreement on how to reform global finance and fight against the economic downturn.
• Global Impact of National Bailouts
• Crisis Management and Resolution: What is the Respective Role of the Central Bank and the National Treasuries?
• Failures and Challenges of Risk Management in the Financial Sector
• Roel Campos, Partner in Charge of Washington Office, Cooley Godward Kronish LLP
• Jörgen Holmquist, Director General of DG Internal Market and Services, European Commission
• Michel Prada, Former Chairman, Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF)
• Alessandro Profumo, Chief Executive Officer, UniCredit
• City of London
• Clifford Chance
• Deutsche Bank
• Fleishman Hillard
• Fondazione CRT
• Morgan Stanley
• Oliver Wyman
• Paris Europlace
• State Street
• TLX S.P.A.
• UniCredit Group
• Dipartimento De Scienze Giuridiche, University of Torino
• White & Case
Back to Top