Morton Pierce is Vice Chair of Dewey & LeBoeuf and co-chair of the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group. He is also a member of the firm's global Executive Committee.
The M&A group consists of more than 150 lawyers based in New York, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, London, Frankfurt, Milan, Rome, Warsaw, Moscow, Beijing and Hong Kong. Mr. Pierce has participated in numerous merger and acquisition matters and related financings. He has represented acquirers, targets, investment bankers and investors in numerous acquisitions, including the acquisition of Pixar by The Walt Disney Company, the acquisition of The MONY Group by AXA Financial, the Omnicare acquisition of NCS Healthcare, the Fortis acquisition of American Bankers, the Starwood acquisition of ITT, The Walt Disney Company acquisition of Capital Cities/ABC, the Wells Fargo acquisition of First Interstate Bank and the HCA acquisition of Healthtrust. Mr. Pierce also has extensive experience in cross-border merger and acquisition transactions. These include the acquisition of GTECH by Lottomatica, the Zimmer Holdings acquisition of Centerpulse AG, the Burns, Philp acquisition of Goodman Fielder, the Guinness/GrandMet merger, the Luxottica Group S.p.A. acquisition of The United States Shoe Corporation, the Eridania Béghin-Say S.A. acquisition of American Maize-Products Company and the Cable & Wireless acquisition of NYNEX CableComms.
Mr. Pierce has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America (2010), Chambers Global (2010), Chambers USA (2009), Legal 500 US (2009) and PLC Which Lawyer? (2008) as a leader in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions Law.
Bar Associations, Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association
- Task Force on Review of the Federal Securities Laws (1991-2000)
- Advisory Committee to Federal Regulation of Securities Committee (1991-2000)
- Chairman, Subcommittee on International Securities Matters (1985-1991) (Section of Business Law)
- International Bar Association
- Committee on Securities Transactions
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Securities Law Committee (1988-1991)
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Securities and Exchange Commission Enforcement Matters (1990-1991)
- Board Member, GAR Foundation (2002-Present)
- Board Member, Legal Aid Society (2003-Present)
- Board Member, UJA Lawyers Division (2005-Present)
- Board of Advisors, Institute for Law and Economics, University of Pennsylvania (2006-Present)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1974, J.D.
- University of Oxford, 1974-1975
- Yale University, 1970, B.A.
- New York