Harvard Law School History Project
Commencing with a generous grant from the Spencer Foundation in June 1999, the Harvard Law School History Project has completed over 110 oral histories, including those of pioneer women and minorities, senior faculty and staff, and all principal administrators up through the Clark administration. In addition, the Project has supported the cataloguing and enhancement of the Harvard Law School Archives.
Direct results include 17 presentations to alumni, students and faculty, eight articles, and five pending books:
- a scholarly biography of Christopher Columbus Langdell (Kimball),
- a history of early women faculty of Harvard Law School (Basile),
- a history of the Thayer dynasty at Harvard Law School (Hook),
- a history of graduate law programs in the United States (Hupper),
- a two-volume history of Harvard Law School (Coquillette).