Buenos Aires Summer Program Application
There will be a rolling application period until Thursday, December 2 at 5:00 pm. All applicants are required to complete and submit a Summer Public Interest Funding (SPIF) application to the Financial Aid Office. The SPIF application will be available here.
Please note: There is a one credit course taught during the summer in conjunction with the internships. Read more about the course here.
Please submit your application by email to: Stephanie Erin Brewer.
Applications Should Include the Following:
Cover page listing the following information in the following order:
-HLS Status (e.g., 1L, 2L)
-Your preferred interview time on December 3, 2010 (Please choose a 20 minute time slot from 8:15 am-5 pm)
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- A double-spaced proposal, 1-3 pages in length, addressing the following items:
- Why you would like to participate in the program in human rights in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Any human rights-related work experience and law school or graduate academic course work (including undergraduate courses or internships)
- A description of your current level of Spanish (i.e., native, very fluent, fluent, intermediate, beginner)
- A brief description of experiences or time spent abroad, if any
- A description of how this course will/might relate to your legal education (e.g., proposed research papers, clinical work, or courses of study), or your professional career
- Completed Placement Preference Sheet, ranking in order the NGOs where you would like to intern (available at this link).